How to Buy Polkadot (DOT)Price of Polkadot (24h)$4.12-0.11%Log In to Buy Polkadot(DOT)
Buy Polkadot (DOT) on KuCoin in Four Simple Steps
Create Your Free KuCoin Account
Secure Your Account
Verify Your Account
Add a Payment Method
Buy Polkadot (DOT)
Choose How You Want to Buy Polkadot on KuCoin
Buy Polkadot (DOT) with a Credit or Debit Card
How to Buy Crypto With Credit Debit Card Web
Buy Polkadot (DOT) via Bank Transfer
Buy Polkadot (DOT) Using Third-Party Channels
Buy Polkadot (DOT) with crypto on the KuCoin Spot Market
Get Your First Polkadot (DOT) with KuCoinGet Started Now
How to Store Polkadot (DOT)
Store Polkadot in Your KuCoin Account
Hold Your Polkadot in Non-Custodial Wallets
What Can You Do with Polkadot (DOT) on KuCoin?
Why Is KuCoin the Best Platform to Buy Polkadot (DOT)?
Safe and Trusted
Home of Crypto Gems
Is Polkadot’s DOT a Good Investment?
In the few years since it has been around, Polkadot’s DOT has quickly risen to become one of the top cryptocurrencies by market cap. As the 11th largest crypto by market cap per data in June 2022, it is one of the most actively traded digital assets in the global market, enjoying high liquidity and trading volume on top exchanges, KuCoin included.
The prospects for DOT as an investment asset look promising, especially as more chains connect to the Polkadot network and the platform’s interoperability quotient rises. The addition of more parachains to the ecosystem could drive the Polkadot price higher and make it a lucrative asset to invest in.
In addition, the DOT price statistics could receive an additional boost amid the rising adoption of Polkadot among Web3 projects. As Web 3.0 comes into the mainstream in the near future, Polkadot is poised to be one of the most promising ecosystems to run dApps.
What Can Polkadot (DOT) be Used For?
DOT, the native cryptocurrency of Polkadot, has several use cases, including:
Polkadot is a truly decentralized platform, empowering DOT token holders with voting rights to decide how its technology evolves with time. As a DOT holder, you get to have.a say in how the protocol is upgraded.
You can stake your DOT crypto to improve the resilience of the overall Polkadot ecosystem. The staked DOT is distributed as rewards to honest nodes, encouraging good and responsible behavior while bad behavior by a node results in penalties.
DOT also plays a very important role in bonding native assets of parachains connecting to Polkadot. DOT holders can stake their cryptocurrencies towards these bonding processes, removing the bonded token tokens when the respective parachain ceases operations.
Crypto Asset to Trade and Invest in
Polkadot is one of the most popular digital assets in the crypto market to invest in or trade against other cryptos. Do remember to check the Polkadot price, market cap, 24-hour trading volume and perform fundamental, technical, and sentiment analysis of the market before entering a new trade.
Earn Passive Income on KuCoin
You can grow your crypto portfolio easily by HODLing DOT on KuCoin. Head to our Crypto Lending section and look up the Polkadot crypto from our list of offerings, enter the number of DOT you wish to use for lending liquidity and select the duration (7 days, 14 days or 28 days). You will then be able to see our daily interest rates and get an estimate on the profits you can earn by lending liquidity in DOT on KuCoin.
How to Send DOT to Polkadot-JS
Polkadot-JS Wallet is the native crypto wallet of the Polkadot network. Here’s how you can transfer your DOT crypto from KuCoin exchange to the native Polkadot wallet:
1. Create an account on Polkadot-JS and set up your wallet if you don’t have one yet.
2. Buy DOT on KuCoin by exchanging other cryptocurrencies or stablecoins.
3. Note down your Polkadot-JS wallet address from your account.
4. Select the DOT token from your KuCoin trading account and click on the option to withdraw it.
5. Enter the number of DOT tokens you wish to send to Polkadot-JS and enter your wallet address in the destination box.
6. Verify the details of the transaction including the transaction fees you will be charged before confirming the order.
7. You will receive the DOT tokens from your KuCoin account in your Polkadot-JS wallet successfully within a few minutes.
How to Stake DOT on Polkadot-JS
Here are the steps to undertake if you wish to stake DOT on the native wallet Polkadot-JS:
1. Create an account on Polkadot-JS and add DOT funds by buying the cryptocurrency on exchanges like KuCoin and transferring them into the wallet.
2. You need to hold a minimum of 10 DOT tokens to stake on the Polkadot network via nomination.
3. Head to the Staking section under the Network tab within your Polkadot-JS wallet account after funding it.
4. Select your Stash and Controller accounts when you add a nominator and enter the number of DOT tokens you wish to stake.
5. Choose from the list of validators and confirm the transaction by clicking on the button “Bond and Nominate”. You will need to re-enter your password to validate the staking order.
Polkadot (DOT) Price Analysis
Live PriceThe live price of DOT is 4.1 USD, representing an increase of 1.81% in the past 7 days and -0.11% decrease in the past 24 hours.
Historical TrendsThe all-time high of DOT was -- USD on Invalid date, from which the coin is now down .
The all-time low of DOT was -- USD, from which the coin is now up .