How do I deposit digital assets into my KuCoin account?
Deposit: To deposit is to transfer existing digital assets into an account at KuCoin. This can be from an external source or another KuCoin account. If it's a transfer from another KuCoin account, this will be tagged as an "internal transfer". If it's a transfer from on-chain sources, its status will be available on the blockchain used for the deposit or transfer. We now support direct deposits into your Funding Account, Trading Account, Margin Account, Futures Account, and sub-accounts. To learn more about the different account types and their functions, click here. For the KuCoin deposits page with your deposit addresses, click here.
How To Make a Deposit
1. To enable deposits, you must first complete Identity Verification. (Verify now)
2. Once you've completed Identity Verification, go to the deposits page for the information required to make the transfer.
For web users: on the upper-right corner of the home page, click on Assets, then select Deposit:
For app users: from the homepage, select Deposit
3. Enter the deposit page, and select the asset you would like to transfer from the dropdown menu. Or, do a search using the name of the asset or blockchain network. Then, select the account you would like to make the deposit or transfer to.
The network chosen for the deposit and the network used to withdraw must be consistent.
For some networks, a memo might be required on top of the address. Be sure to include the memo when withdrawing, or your assets might be lost.
4. Additional information might be required when making a deposit. Be sure to follow their instructions carefully.
5. Copy your deposit address and paste it to the withdrawing platform. Then, you can proceed to deposit the assets into your KuCoin account.
6. To provide the best possible deposit experience, KuCoin may pre-credit deposited assets into your account. The moment you see assets credited into your account, you may immediately use them to trade, invest, purchase, and more.
7. We'll notify you on the outcome of your deposits via email, platform notifications, text messages, and related means. You can also log in to your KuCoin account to view your deposit history for the past year.
1. The asset types available for deposit and their supporting networks are subject to maintenance or upgrading based on real-time conditions. To ensure your deposits proceed smoothly, please visit the KuCoin platform and check if the deposit service for said asset is available before making your transfer.
2. Certain cryptocurrencies have deposit fees or a minimum deposit amount requirement. Their details can be found on the deposit page.
3. We also use pop-up windows and highlighted prompts to mark important information that you need to pay attention to.
4. When depositing digital assets, ensure they're compatible with the supported blockchain networks on KuCoin. Some tokens work only with the ERC20 chain, while others require the BEP20 chain or their own mainnet chain. If you're unsure, contact customer service for help.
5. For all ERC20 digital assets, each have their own unique contract address, which serves as the identification code of the digital asset. Make sure the contract address of the digital asset you're depositing matches the contract address of the same asset as shown on KuCoin. Be careful not to mistake the contract address for the deposit address, as it may result in loss of your assets.